Unternehmen

Blässinger – A continuous Story

2015: Josef Blässinger GmbH + Co. KG celebrates the 85th company jubilee.
85 YEARS of BLÄSSINGER – 85 YEARS of MOVEMENT. EXPERIENCE. INNOVATION.

2014: With the acquisition of the René Baer AG the Blässinger Group continues to grow and is now also present in Switzerland. French and Italian have now been added to German as the business languages.

2013: Hans-Peter Blässinger retired on 01.01.2013 from management. His son Till Blässinger continues the family business in the third generation.

2012: Company Josef Blässinger GmbH + Co. KG employs apprx. 140 people in 2012. The product line includes  bearings, miniature bearings, adhesives and bonding products, lubrications, power transmission, linear technology, machine tools, components, lubrication systems, spindles and special bearings. Blässinger offers a broad spectrum of product related services in addition.

2010: The Blässinger Engineering Service und Technologie (BEST) successfully indroduces an Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001:2004.

2009: Within BEST the section special bearings and mechanical components with the working title  BWT (Blässinger Wälzlager Technik) was started.
Sales activities with field representative in Austria lead to foundation of Blässinger GmbH in Liezen making it  the first foreign Blässinger branch. The new automatic  small-parts warehouse (AKL) has been activated.

2008: The organisation was  changed in 2008  including the introduction of product management.
Another 1000 square metre of warehouse was opened. First own assembly and packaging of linear technology and power transmission products was started.

2007: Having a strategic partnership in mind a minority interest in the spindle manufacturer SPL GmbH, Ebersbach bei Döbeln was purchased.

2005: Founding of the subsidiary Blässinger Engineering Service + Technologie GmbH (BEST), which  deals with products and services in context with machine tools.

2004: Blässinger Wälzlagertechnik GmbH acquires the bearings and linear technology of the Carl Siebert GmbH & Co. KG, later integrated into the Josef Blässinger GmbH + Co. KG.

2002: The 100th employee is hired. Till Blässinger joins the company management as authorized signatory.

2001: Blässinger acquires the company Neuhaus and together with the Essen office they move to Bochum to establish the Bochum branch. Blässinger introduces its own VBB brand of bearings.

1999: Blässinger acquires the SKF distributor Schaumlöffel in Hamburg, making this the Hamburg branch.

1997: Opening of the branch in Essen (today Bochum).

1996: A comprehensive Quality Management System is established.

1990: Blässinger is the first bearing distributor to open up a branch in East Germany. The branch is located in Jena.

1986: Opening of the branch in Freiburg.

1980: Father Josef steps down and son Peter takes control of management.  By this time 50 people work for the company. A own record with hits spanning 5 decades is produced for the 50th anniversary.

1969: Move to the newly buildt head quarters in Ostfildern-Kemnat.

1967: Hans-Peter Blässinger begins employment at his father´s company after completion of his engineering studies.

1960: At the beginning of the 60´s a temporary warehouse has to be established as the facility in the Kernerstrasse in Stuttgart is bursting at the seams. The former broadcasting room of the Süddeutscher Rundfunk is used.

1950: Product programme expanded to include miniature bearings. This business connection is of far-reaching significance for the company.

1949: Opening of the first branch in Heilbronn.

1945:  Near the end of WWII the warehouse is moved to Schwaigern. The entrance hall of a methodist church provides space for the valuable stock. Disguised as a preacher, Josef Blässinger can prevent detection and confiscation by the Americans.

1930: Josef Blässinger founded the company in Stuttgart-West.  Representing  the Zurich company SRO lays the foundation for offering bearings. Bicycle and backpack are of great help distributing the products. Lack of space requires moving to Hauptstätter Strasse only one year later.